Saturday, May 21, 2011

Visited the Farm for the First TIme

On Monday my friend Jesse was kind enough to give me a ride up the road meet Wendy, Peter, and Jeff at Lone Tree Farm.

The farm is set on the top of a ridge that forms part of the east side of Anderson Valley, about fifteen miles from the Pacific coast near the town of Boonville, California.

It was really beautiful. The ponies are really friendly.  They start out a little shy and then come up and try to give you kisses.

The folks there seem really awesome and I'm looking forward to getting to know them. Peter plays bagpipes professionally (warning: link plays bagpipes!), and Jeff is working as a sort of intern. Wendy is in Europe for the next few months playing in a band so I won't get to hang out with her.

The cabin I'll be staying in is nice, nestled in a clearing in the redwood forest. I'm essentially renting the cabin for the summer and trying out the life.  I'll be learning and helping out but I won't be starting any new projects of my own.

In addition to blogging about life on the farm I'll be working up a Permaculture design document for the property to stretch my Permie muscles.

All in all it should be a great summer and I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment